Senior Engineer – Transmission & Distribution
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to support our growing Overhead Transmission & Distribution practice across the US. This is a senior-level position that will utilize the candidate’s successful career experience to lead challenging projects, use technical experience to produce high-quality engineering packages, and as needed, be externally facing representing ETA Consulting. Your experience in routing, design, and execution of high voltage overhead transmission and distribution engineering projects (12kV to 500kV) will be crucial to the success of our group and will enable the right candidate to experience strong and fast career growth. You will be involved in all facets of transmission and distribution line routing and design as well as performing quality checks and stamping drawings. There may also be opportunities for the right candidate to grow into other aspects of line design projects, including client development and project management (budget and schedule creation, RFP responses, etc.). The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing or reviewing/approving conceptual designs and detailed engineering packages for poles and foundations. The Senior Engineer will be capable of preparing a project scope, utilizing the proper design specifications, creating bill of material, and all necessary deliverables. The Senior Engineer – Transmission & Distribution will report to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detailed design and engineering of 12kV to 500kV overhead distribution and transmission line projects from conceptual design through to construction utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE.
- Structure analysis and loading trees, developing design criteria and specifications for the T&D line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews.
- Experience with foundation design and related analysis software (MFAD, LPile, etc.).
- Lead and participate in ETA Consulting’s QAQC program. Review work of others, verify design criteria, check PLS-CADD models for project compliance, stamp drawings as necessary.
- Conduct feasibility and planning studies.
- Prepare planning and detailed project cost estimates including engineering, materials, and construction.
- Prepare construction and material specifications.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Interface with clients and contractors.
- Coordinate with various disciplines to review work of other engineers and designers.
- Interface with permitting agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Perform field reviews of work during construction as needed.
- Ability to take on a project engineer and/or project manager role as required.
- Actively participate in securing T&D projects by developing proposals, cost estimates, and schedules.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical).
- PE License.
- 8+ years of Transmission and/or Distribution Line engineering experience.
- 10+ years of overall experience, including prior project management.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with diverse teams, regional departments, other technical managers, and project support staff.
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts and theories related to various disciplines (i.e., electrical, civil, mechanical).
- Project lifecycle understanding.
- Committed to quality, improvement, and ETA’s core values.
- Expert with Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant within our team culture.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in engineering or job-related field.
- Detailed engineering of underground transmission line projects from 12kV to 230kV.
- Located in or near Southern California or the Northeast (NY, NJ, CT).
- Experience with client relationships.
Compensation and Benefits
ETA Consulting offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and much more. Full time employees enjoy eight paid company holidays and an aggressive time off accrual. Great opportunity for advancement and outstanding opportunity for career growth. Our culture promotes and support the employees to seek and acquire professional certifications and licensures.
Thinking of joining us? Make your ETA to success now!