ETA Consulting offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and much more. Full time employees enjoy eight paid company holidays and an aggressive time off accrual. Great opportunity for advancement and outstanding opportunity for career growth. Our culture promotes and support the employees to seek and acquire professional certifications and licensures.
The Engineering Manager (EM) has broad technical knowledge and experience with design and construction of high voltage projects (i.e. transmission, distribution, substations) along with demonstrated abilities to manage and lead teams (local and remote). The successful candidate will demonstrate both technical and interpersonal skills to build, train, and manage daily operations of the engineering team. The position requires the EM to communicate thoroughly and to work closely with ownership, colleagues, and clients (internal and external) to fully execute and lead projects from developing scope of work to construction support. Leveraging their knowledge and experience, the EM works in close coordination with a project manager (PM) to manage and execute the engineering and design components of projects while the PM is responsible for schedule and budget. The EM is an experienced, competent engineer who understands the technical requirements of electric utility line projects of any complexity and can lead, guide, and advise all around them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a project execution plan for the technical aspect of engineering projects. This plan will include information such as resource allocations and task durations from conceptual design through construction.
- Oversee daily operations of engineering, design, and drafting staff. Lead by example; organize meetings, provide daily coaching, and mentor staff.
- Provides project metrics to PM and senior leaders on a regular basis which should illustrate current state of the project execution plan.
- Supports the technical aspect of scope, schedule, and budget, including proposal development, work breakdown structure development and implementation, progress assessment, risk assessment/mitigation, change management, and schedule management.
- Assigns project tasks and provides technical guidance to project team members.
- Develops a partnership with the PM, whereas the PM is responsible for scope, schedule, budget, and client management, and the EM is responsible for technical execution of the project.
- Coordinates and/or performs quality checks and reviews for all project deliverables per ETA Consulting’s quality requirements, processes, and procedures to deliver a high-quality product to the client. Performs quality checks and/or reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
- Direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise one or more engineers, designers, or drafters locally and remotely while fostering a culture of collaboration.
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently, utilizing teams in the same or remote locations.
- Works with senior engineers and technical leaders to identify and develop specific technical expertise. Builds additional infrastructure to support project work, efficiency, quality, and to further ETA’s standards for excellence.
- Willing to attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
- May assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase ETA’s technical capabilities for clients, at industry conferences, or other events.
- Participate in project reviews outside the engineering department and support senior leaders as needed.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical).
- PE license.
- 4+ years of Transmission Line design experience required.
- 6+ years of overall experience, including prior project management.
- Previously demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to manage teams both locally and remotely.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with diverse teams, regional departments, other technical managers, and project support staff.
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts and theories related to various disciplines (i.e. electrical, civil, mechanical).
- Project lifecycle understanding
- Committed to quality, improvement, and ETA’s core values.
- Expert with Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant within our team culture.
- PMP certification.
- Located in or near Southern California or the Northeast (NY, NJ, CT).
- Experience with client relationships, preferably in the West (CA) or Northeast (NY, NJ, CT).
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired.